The Lignite Energy Council is seeking submissions for presenters at our 2018 Fall Conference on Wednesday, October 3, 2018 in Bismarck, North Dakota. Lignite Energy Council meetings are primarily focused on our more than 260 member companies including lignite mines and lignite coal conversion facilities in North Dakota, the companies that own them and the contractor/supplier companies that provides goods and services to the industry. Meeting attendees represent all facets of the lignite industry including CEOs, decision makers, engineers, sales managers and staff, government action representatives, elected and appointed officials and media. Attendance ranges between 250 – 400 people on average.
Some examples of broad topics of interest include but are not limited to:
- Competitive strategies
- Current challenges
- Grassroots efforts
- Research & Development
- Mineral extraction (oil, gravel, natural gas, etc)
- Leveling the playing field for fossil fuels
- Leveraging relationships
- Emerging markets
All submissions must be submitted through the online form below. If you experience any difficulties, please contact Laney DeGraw at 701.258.7117
2018 Lignite Energy Council Fall Conference – Call for Presenters information
- All submissions MUST be completed via the website form.
- Please consider submitting papers, presentations OR projects.
- Presentations are selected by committee members who are industry representatives, NOT by the Lignite Energy Council.
- Please read all of the information below before submitting your presentation. Any incomplete submissions will not be considered.
- All presentation time slots are to be a minimum of 30 minutes and no longer than 45 minutes – this time does not include up to 15 minutes of Q&A.
- The deadline for submitting proposals is Friday, August 3. Extensions will not be granted.
- Selected presentations will be notified no later than Wednesday, August 15.
OUR MUTUAL COMMITMENT
The LEC expects speakers:
- To acknowledge availability to speak during any timeframe of the conference
- To work closely with conference organizers before the conference and meet all deadlines
- To design and provide high-quality PowerPoint presentations, in electronic format, by the deadline given (if one is to be used)
- To provide a high-resolution head shot picture of all presenters
- To recognize that a conference session is an opportunity to share information and is not a showcase for promotion of business, practice, service or product
- To give the LEC permission to audio and/or video record their session and to provide their slide presentation to members (only) of the LEC
In return, the LEC will:
- Provide speakers (including up to 3 co-speakers) with a complimentary full conference registration.
- Provide one exhibitor booth during the conference (if desired).
- Reimburse eligible speakers (one speaker per session) for the following expenses: Round-trip economy class airfare; basic ground transportation to and from the airport/to and from the hotel and conference center; reservation for the night prior to the presentation and the night of the presentation (if necessary) at a pre-determined conference hotel; actual cost of speaker’s meals (on travel days and day of presentation only), not to exceed the following dollar amounts: Breakfast, with gratuity – $10.00; Lunch, with gratuity = $15.00; Dinner, with gratuity = $50.00. If a meal is provided at the conference, no reimbursement will be given for any other meal in its place. Itemized receipts are required. Please note that the LEC does not reimburse expenses for co-presenters.
- Grant you professional exposure.
- Provide an evaluation after the conference.